Group gathering ritual
- Join in circle and introduce ourselves to take attendance.
- Take time to calm bodies (count to 10 quietly)
- Remember rules of good behavior in circle meetings
- Raise hands
- Do not talk when others are talking
- Keep our hands to ourselves
Explain plan for day: Read book, learn how to dance on a beat with a game; learn and practice a dance.
Attend Powwow if at all possible. They are usually open to the public and are very educational. There is usually food and craft vendors. While at the powwow the etiquette will be explained but it is best to research it in advance and talk it over. There are many dance performances and competitions to watch.
Ask Native American representative to give talk or go to museum or cultural center to learn more about the native peoples in your region.